Which is better, nylon or polyester? Compared to polyes […]
Which is better, nylon or polyester? Compared to polyester and nylon, nylon is generally smoother and softer in hand, while polyester is rougher and harder, and nylon is soft and slightly skinny. In appearance, nylon luster and color vividness are better than polyester. In terms of price, nylon is generally more expensive than polyester.
Nylon (strong and wear-resistant):
The biggest advantage is that it is strong and wear-resistant, which is the best one. Low density, light fabric, good elasticity, fatigue resistance, good chemical stability, alkali and acid resistance!
The biggest disadvantage is that the sun resistance is not good, the fabric will turn yellow after long exposure, the strength will decrease, and the moisture absorption is not good, but it is better than acrylic and polyester.
Uses: filaments are mostly used in knitting and silk industries; staple fibers are mostly blended with wool or wool-type chemical fibers for gabardine, vanidine, etc. Industry: cords and fishing nets, also used as carpets, ropes, conveyor belts, screens, etc.
Polyester fabric is a kind of chemical fiber garment fabric used in daily life. Its biggest advantage is that it has good wrinkle resistance and shape retention, so it is suitable for outerwear. Has the following characteristics:
1. It has high strength and elastic recovery ability. Therefore, it is durable, wrinkle-resistant and non-ironing.
2. Poor hygroscopicity, hot and stuffy wearing, and easy to be charged with static electricity and dirt, which affects appearance and comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength hardly drops, does not deform, and has good wash and wear properties.
3. Polyester fabric has the best heat resistance among synthetic fabrics. It is thermoplastic and can be made into pleated skirts with long-lasting pleats. At the same time, polyester fabrics have poor melting resistance and are prone to forming holes in the presence of soot and sparks. Therefore, try to avoid contact with cigarette butts, sparks, etc. when wearing.
4. The light fastness of polyester fabric is better, except that it is worse than acrylic fiber, its light fastness is better than natural fiber fabric. Especially the light fastness behind the glass is very good, almost on par with acrylic fiber.
5. The polyester fabric has good resistance to various chemicals. Acids and alkalis do not damage them much, and they are not afraid of molds and insects.
Zhejiang Nuyida Textile Co., Ltd. is Sofa Velvet Fabric Manufacturers and Upholstery Printed Knitted Fabrics Suppliers,we custom polyester velvet quilted fabric for sofa and cushion, visit https://www.nydtex.com/product/