Basic knowledge of polyester fabrics Polyester fabric i […]
Basic knowledge of polyester fabrics
Polyester fabric is a kind of chemical fiber fabric used in daily life
(1) The characteristics of polyester fiber fabrics
Generally, polyester fabrics have the following characteristics:
1. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery ability. Therefore, it is durable, wrinkle-resistant and non-ironing.
2. Polyester fabric has poor hygroscopicity and has a sense of stuffiness when wearing. It is also easy to be charged with static electricity and stain dust, which affects its beauty and comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength hardly drops, does not deform, and has good wash and wear properties.
3. Polyester is the best heat-resistant fabric among synthetic fabrics. It is thermoplastic and can be made into pleated skirts with long-lasting pleats. At the same time, polyester fabrics have poor melting resistance and are prone to forming holes in the presence of soot and sparks. Therefore, try to avoid contact with cigarette butts, sparks, etc. when wearing.
4. The light fastness of polyester fabric is better, except that it is worse than acrylic fiber, its light fastness is better than natural fiber fabric. Especially the light fastness behind the glass is very good, almost on par with acrylic fiber.
5. Polyester fabric has good resistance to various chemicals. Acids and alkalis do not damage them much, and they are not afraid of molds and insects.
(2) Varieties of polyester fiber fabrics
There are many types of polyester fiber fabrics. In addition to weaving pure polyester fabrics, there are many products blended or interwoven with various textile fibers, which make up for the shortcomings of pure polyester fabrics and exert better wearability. At present, polyester fabrics are developing towards the naturalization of synthetic fibers such as wool, silk, linen, and deerskin.
1. Polyester imitation silk fabric is a polyester fabric with a silk-like appearance woven from polyester filaments or short fiber yarns with round and profiled cross-sections. It has the advantages of low price, anti-wrinkle and non-ironing, and is very popular with consumers.
Common varieties are: polyester silk, polyester crepe, polyester satin, polyester georgette, polyester interwoven silk and so on. These varieties have the elegant drape, smoothness, softness, and pleasing to the eye of silk fabrics. At the same time, they also have the stiffness, wear resistance, easy washing and non-ironing of polyester fabrics. The disadvantage is that these fabrics have poor moisture absorption and breathability and are not too cool to wear. In order to overcome this shortcoming, more new polyester fabrics have come out, such as high-hygroscopic polyester fabrics.
2. Polyester wool-like fabric is made of polyester filaments such as polyester stretched yarn, polyester network yarn or various profiled cross-section polyester yarns as raw materials, or blended with medium-length polyester staple fiber and medium-length viscose or medium-length acrylic. Wool-like fabrics woven from yarn are called worsted wool-like fabrics and medium-length wool-like fabrics, and their prices are lower than similar wool fabric products. It not only has the characteristics of fullness, bulkiness and good elasticity of woolen cloth, but also has the characteristics of polyester is durable, easy to wash and dry, flat and crisp, not easy to deform, not easy to fluff, and pilling.
Common varieties are: polyester elastic serge, polyester elastic gabardine, polyester elastic strip tweed, polyester web spun wool fabric, polyester viscose mid-length tweed, polyester nitrile hidden strip and so on.
3. Polyester imitation linen fabric is one of the most popular clothing materials in the international clothing market. It is woven into plain or convex weave fabric with polyester or polyester/viscose twisted yarn, which has the dry feel and appearance of linen fabric.
For example, the thin linen-like Moriques not only have a rough appearance and a dry feel, but are also comfortable and cool to wear. Therefore, they are very suitable for the production of summer shirts and skirts.
4. Polyester imitation deerskin fabric is one of the new types of polyester fabrics. It uses fine denier or superfine denier polyester fibers as raw materials and is specially processed to form a fine short-pile polyester suede fabric on the fabric base fabric. It is called imitation deerskin. Fabrics generally use non-woven fabrics, woven fabrics, and knitted fabrics as base fabrics. It has the style characteristics of soft texture, fine and dense fluff, fullness and elasticity, rich hand feeling, firmness and durability.