What is acrylic fabric?The advantages and disadvantages […]
What is acrylic fabric?The advantages and disadvantages of acrylic fabric
When buying clothes or bedding online, we always pay attention to the fabric of the clothes or bedding. Pure cotton is a kind of fabric we know better, but acrylic fiber may not be very familiar to everyone. What kind of fabric is acrylic and what are the characteristics of acrylic fabric? Will acrylic fabric pilling? Let us continue with these questions and look down.
What kind of fabric is acrylic:
The trade name of acrylic fiber in my country is polyacrylonitrile fiber, while acrylic fiber abroad is called "Aulon" and "Cashmiron", which translates into English as "polyacrylonitrile fiber". Polyacrylonitrile is made of monomeric acrylic. Nitrile undergoes free radical polymerization to obtain polymer materials. Polyacrylonitrile is a white powder with a density of 1.14-1.15g/cm. Under normal pressure, it will soften and decompose at 220-300℃. Pure polyacrylonitrile is brittle and hard and has poor dyeability. After the polyacrylonitrile fiber is introduced into the second monomer and the third monomer, the dyeing performance will be improved. Acrylic fiber is called "artificial wool", and its textiles are widely used in clothing, decoration, industry and other fields.
The advantages and disadvantages of acrylic fabrics:
1. The performance of acrylic fabric is very similar to wool, but its elasticity is much better than that of wool. Under the condition of 20% elongation, the rebound rate can still be maintained at about 65%.
2. Acrylic fabric has better warmth retention than wool. Acrylic fiber is fluffy and curly in appearance, and feels very soft to the touch. Therefore, the warmth retention is much better than wool fabrics. There was once a "synthetic wool".
3. The strength of acrylic fabric is higher than that of wool. At present, the strength of acrylic fiber is about 22.1～48.5cN/dtex, while the strength of wool is about 1 to 2.5 times lower than that of acrylic fabric.
4. Acrylic fiber is very resistant to sunlight, that is, it has excellent lightfastness. If you expose acrylic fiber to the sun, there will be no problem at all. Experiments have shown that you can put items made of acrylic fabric on After one year of exposure to the sun, its intensity has only dropped by less than 20%, which shows how practical it is.
5. Products made of acrylic fabrics are generally not afraid of acid attack, and have excellent resistance to acids, oxidants and general organic solvents.
However, acrylic fabrics also have certain shortcomings, that is, poor alkali resistance. If you use alkaline cleaning products when washing, you must pay attention. At the same time, relatively high temperatures will also have a greater impact on acrylic fiber fabrics. At a high temperature of about 190 to 230 degrees, the acrylic fiber will soften. In addition, the moisture absorption of acrylic fabrics is relatively poor.
Does acrylic pilling?
Acrylic fibers are short fibers, and short fibers are easy to pilling. Therefore, poor quality acrylic fabrics will have small pompoms after a long time, which looks ugly. Therefore, many acrylic carpets are mixed with some wool to prevent pilling. It is recommended that when buying, it is best to ask if the carpet has wool content before making a choice.
If the acrylic sweater or carpet has pilled, you can use scissors to cut off the ball. Although it is a bit troublesome, it is not difficult to handle. However, acrylic carpets have poor antistatic properties and are easy to absorb dust. After using for a period of time,
You need to use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust on the surface, and put it outside to dry, but do not expose it to the sun, so that the acrylic sweater or carpet can maintain the fluffy and soft texture.