Characteristics of polyester fiber fabric Its bigges […]
Characteristics of polyester fiber fabric
Its biggest advantage is that it has good wrinkle resistance and shape retention, so it is suitable for outerwear. Generally, polyester fabrics have the following characteristics:
1. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery ability. Therefore, it is durable, wrinkle-resistant and non-ironing.
2. Polyester fabric has poor hygroscopicity, and has a sense of stuffiness when worn. At the same time, it is easy to be charged with static electricity and dirt, which affects appearance and comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength hardly drops, does not deform, and has good wash and wear properties.
3. Polyester is the best heat-resistant fabric among synthetic fabrics. It is thermoplastic and can be made into pleated skirts with long-lasting pleats. At the same time, polyester fabrics have poor melting resistance and are prone to forming holes in the presence of soot and sparks. Therefore, try to avoid contact with cigarette butts, sparks, etc. when wearing.
4. Polyester fabric has good light resistance. In addition to being worse than acrylic, its light resistance is better than natural fiber fabrics. Especially the light fastness behind the glass is very good, almost on par with acrylic fiber.
5. Polyester fabric has good resistance to various chemicals. Acids and alkalis do not damage them much, and they are not afraid of molds and insects.